Transat cruise packages
What does the new cruise program entail?
- A wider array of packages: With its revamped cruise program, Transat makes booking cruises easier and more accessible than ever by offering more than 60 itineraries in ready-made packages that include flights with Air Transat, transfers and the cruise.
- A partnership with 13 renowned cruise lines: Transat offers cruises in the world’s most popular cruise regions – the Caribbean and Mediterranean – as well as river cruises.
- Extended stays at no extra cost: Transat’s cruise packages also provide greater flexibility thanks to the possibility of adding a hotel stay to your adventure at sea by moving up your departure flight up to 14 days before your cruise or postponing your return flight up to 14 days after your journey at sea – and at no extra cost for changing the flight dates.
- Worry-free travel with Flight Protection: With Flight Protection, in the event of a delayed flight, Transat will book you on the next available flight to get you to your cruise. Likewise, if a delayed ship might cause you to miss your return flight, Transat will book you on the next available flight.
Does this mean that Transat will no longer be selling à la carte cruises or cruises only?
That’s right. Transat has decided to simplify its program and, as of November 1, 2016, will only offer these new cruise packages that include the flights, transfers and cruise.
When will Transat stop offering à la carte cruises?
There are three dates to keep in mind:
- À la carte cruises without Air Transat flights will no longer be sold as of May 26, 2016.
- À la carte cruises with Air Transat flights will continue to be sold during a transition period, until October 31, 2016, for departures up to that date.
- As of November 1, 2016, only cruise packages will be sold.
What are the conditions for extending my stay at no extra cost?
The offer to extend your stay is valid for flights to and from the original destination of the package. The final travel dates must be confirmed at the time of booking. If you wish to land in or return from a destination other than that featured in your cruise package, charges of $100 per modified flight segment will apply (valid for Florida only).
Cruises leaving from Florida
If you wish to extend your trip to Florida, you may not move up your dates between December 19, 2016, and January 6, 2017, or between February 24 and March 17, 2017; you may not postpone your return to Canada between December 26, 2016, and January 9, 2017, or between March 3 and 20, 2017. If you wish to return to Canada by taking a flight on a Sunday, you will be charged $70.
Can i extend my stay for more than 14 days?
Yes, based on applicable terms and conditions. See brochure for fees.
What are the conditions of flight protection?
A new flight will be booked based on the next one available in Transat’s schedule and will be subject to availability. Force majeure cases are not included in the Flight Protection policy. Flight Protection does not replace travel insurance, which you should purchase in case of unforeseen circumstances. You should immediately contact Transat or your travel agent to book a new flight. Other conditions may apply.
Free seat selection for all members of a family
How does the free seat selection work?
Promotion applies to all members of a family (parents and children) on the same booking. Clients must be travelling with at least one child aged 2 to 11. Seat selection is complimentary for standard seats only and cannot be combined with Option Plus. Not applicable to seat selection made on the carrier’s website. Seats must be selected by calling 1-877-TRANSAT. Clients must mention promo code FAM1617 at the time of booking and seat selection.
What type of seats do I get?
You will get a standard seat, no change permitted.
Future Travel Vouchers
What are the eligibility requirements for future travel vouchers?
If you book a package by September 30, 2016, for travel starting December 15, 2016, you will receive a non-transferable future travel voucher of $50 per adult and $25 per child with their e-tickets. This voucher can be used toward any Transat South, Florida or Europe package, flight, guided tour or cruise package, for travel by October 31, 2018.
Is the voucher transferable or refundable for cash?
No. The voucher will be issued in your name and can only be applied to a booking under your name. The voucher has no cash value.
Can the voucher be reissued if lost?
Yes. Once Transat’s accounting department verifies its validity, the voucher can be reissued.
$100 deposit is per person and applies to new individual bookings on the following crusie lines:
MSC, Costa, Norwegian Cruise Lines*, Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean International**, Celebrity Cruise Lines and Pullmantur.
*Excludes sailings December 24, 31, 2016 on Norwegian Cruise Lines.
**Sailings starting January 1, 2017.