Conditions and Important Information
The options described are available in the following cases only:
- The U.S. National Hurricane Center/Tropical Prediction Center (NHC/TPC) has issued a hurricane advisory for the destination city;
- A hurricane has already passed through the selected hotel complex within one week of the scheduled departure date. The hurricane must be registered as a Category 1 hurricane or higher on the Saffir-Simpson Scale used by the NHC/TPC.
For more information of the position and status of a hurricane, please visit www.nhc.noaa.gov.
In the event that clients who have purchased a Transat vacation package are repatriated to Canada or evacuated from a destination due to a hurricane after their arrival at the said destination, the following will apply:
- If they stayed at least 2 nights at destination, clients will be eligible for a credit voucher representing the cost of unused nights on the accommodation portion of the package.
- If they stayed less than 2 nights at destination, clients will be eligible for a credit voucher equivalent to the total value of the package purchased.
- Costs related to roundtrip flights and ground transfer portions included in the package will not be refundable. Any additional expenses incurred as a result of a hurricane shall be borne by the client. Clients travelling “Air Only” will not be eligible for a refund for their accommodation or ground transportation costs. For clients who purchased a cruise package, the hurricane policy of each cruise line will apply.
In all cases, credit vouchers will be valid for a period of one year following the departure date initially booked, and will neither be transferable nor refundable.
The Hurricane Policy does not apply to à la carte hotel products and may be modified or revoked at any time without notice. For the general terms and conditions of sale, please refer to the Transat Sun brochure or visit www.transat.com.