MONTREAL, July 19
Air Transat breaks new ground in the drive to deliver online services and rich content to travelers over the web. Canada’s leading vacation airline has launched an ambitious revamped web site [www.airtransat.com] that allows customers to research potential vacation spots, browse packages and flight options, and buy online.
'Our site has evolved into a really exciting hybrid that is part travel portal, part online booking system and part travel consultant. It really makes the business of finding the right vacation spot at the right price a lot easier and more fun. We see this site as part of our commitment to customer service and an extension of our positioning in the marketplace as The vacation airline', declares Denis Jacob, Air Transat’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
New features offered :
- Possibility to now shop and buy online – and not just flights, but also packages and special offers. This is accomplished through our partnership with Exit.ca and their award winning booking engine.
- Access to extensive information on more than 120 countries and cities that Air Transat flies to. Customers can now read fun profiles, find out about the area’s attractions, where to eat, view maps of the region and much more. This new feature is made possible with Air Transat’s partnership with Ulysse Travel guides.
- Extensive travel tips and pointers on topics ranging from passport and visa information, what to pack, check-in requirements for different countries and much more. And through a detailed customer service section, we provide answers to the most frequent passengers questions.
- Visitors can check our web site for up-to-date information on arrivals and departures.
- New 'What’s Hot' feature that points travelers to some of the coolest hotspots on the planet.
- Customers can browse our duty free boutique online.
About Air Transat
Air Transat specializes in charter flights from several Canadian and European cities to vacation destinations, mainly to the south during the winter months and to Europe and Canada during the summer. Year-round, Air Transat links Canada’s principal cities. Air Transat’s fleet of 24 aircraft serves 90 destinations in 25 countries. The company employs 2,400. In 2000, Air Transat carried 3.3 million passengers. Air Transat is a subsidiary of Transat A.T. Inc.
About Transat A.T. Inc.
Transat A.T. Inc., with its head office in Montreal, is an integrated company specializing in the organization, marketing, and distribution of holiday travel. The core of its business consists of tour operators in Canada and France. Transat is also involved in air transportation, hotel management, and value-added services offered at travel destinations as well as in distribution through both travel agency networks and e-commerce initiatives. Transat A.T. Inc. is a public corporation listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE:TRZ). In 2000 Transat recorded revenues of $1.9 billion.