3612 travel agents have taken part in Europe training sessions
Montreal, March 25, 2013
Transat Holidays would like to thank the 3,612 travel agents who attended the Transat Academies held in 35 cities across Canada. They received thorough training on Transat Holidays and Air Transat’s Europe program.
“It is essential to offer travel agents ongoing training and provide them with the tools and support they need in their work. As Transat Holidays’ Europe program becomes more and more extensive, these training sessions are increasingly important,” said Denise Heffron, Vice-President, National Sales & Commercial, Transat Tours Canada.
Air Transat offers direct flights to more European destinations than any other airline, with direct flights to 28 destinations in 12 European countries. Transat Holidays also provides a wide array of vacation options, including packages, coach tours, cruises and à la carte stays in Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and the UK. Travellers can succumb to the exotic splendour of Istanbul or experience la dolce vita in Italy, savour port wine in Douro or taste the great wines of Bordeaux, enjoy a sun-drenched vacation on a Greek island or dance the night away on the Spanish Costa Brava… the possibilities are endless.
We are very proud to announce that our travel partners from coast to coast helped us raise $8,431.28 for the Children’s Wish Foundation and SOS Children’s Villages. All agents who donated funds to the charity were entered into a draw. The winners for each region are:
- Christine Ward (Ixtapa Travel in Winnipeg) won 5 nights’ accommodation at the Citadines Place d’Italie
- Jolyne Grondin (Club Voyages Marinair) won a stay at the Vale D’Oliveiras resort in the Algarve
- Betty Smusiak (G. Stewart Travel Services-Carlson Wagonlit) won a 1-week package at Praia Del Rey Marriot Golf & Beach Resort in Obidos
Transat Holidays Winners
- Katherine Young (Maritime Travel in Langley, BC) won 2 roundtrip Air Transat flights in Club Class from Vancouver to London
- Flavio Mongelli (Voyages Caro) won a Celebrity cruise.
- Karla Hatfield (Maritime Travel) won a 1-week stay at Sol Aloha Puerto in Madrid
- Gwen Lee (Concorde Travel Service) won a 1-week stay at Hotel Astor St-Honoré in Paris
- Rita Sawicki (CTC Travel Group) won a 1-week Europe Car Rental
- Mario Joseph (Marlin Travel) won a 1-week trip to Costa del Sol
- Karen Simpson (CTC Travel Group) won a 1-week stay at Hotel Real in Lisbon
- Juliet DiGennaro- (Ranalli Travel Agency) won a 1-week at Hotel Santa Catarina in Lisbon
- Layla Komer (CAA) won a 1-week stay at Onyria Marinha Edition Hotel & Thalasso in Cascais, Lisbon
- Nathalie Lalonde (Voyages Boca) won a 1-week stay at Hotel Mundial in Lisbon
- Synthia Caouette (Club Voyages Sartigan) won a 1-week stay at Hotel Marbella Banus in the Costa del Sol
- Marielle Paré (Voyages Air Tour) won a 1-week stay in the Costa del Sol
- Luisa Gnocchini (Club Voyages Marlin) won a 1-week stay at Hotel Tivoli Carvoeiro in the Algarve
About Air Transat
Air Transat is Canada’s leading holiday travel airline. Every year, it carries some 3 million passengers to nearly 60 destinations in 25 countries aboard its fleet of Airbus wide-body jets. The company employs approximately 2,000 people. Air Transat is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., an integrated international tour operator with more than 60 destination countries and that distributes products in over 50 countries.
About Transat Holidays
Year-round, Transat Holidays provides its customers across Canada with a full range of holiday products. It offers sun vacations, with a choice of more than 140 hotels, mainly in the Caribbean, Mexico and Florida, along with an impressive array of flights, packages and tours to some 30 European destinations. Transat Holidays also offers more than 100 cruises all around the world.