Transat A.T. Inc. completes transaction with H10 Hotels, creates 5-hotel joint venture in Mexico, Dominican Republic

Montreal (Canada), December 10, 2007

Transat A.T. Inc., one of the largest integrated tourism companies in the world and Canada’s holiday travel leader, and H10 Hotels, based in Barcelona, (Spain) have now completed the transaction leading to the creation of a joint venture to own and operate five existing hotels in Mexico and Dominican Republic, following an announcement made on November 27, 2007. Closing conditions have been met. H10 Hotels retains a 65% interest in the new company, while Transat acquired the remaining 35% (with an option to go to 45% within five years of closing) by contributing to the joint venture through a capital increase representing a consideration of US$55 million in cash.

In the Riviera Maya, Mexico, holdings include the H10 Hacienda Maya (320 rooms), the H10 Punta Coral and H10 Punta Turquesa (586 rooms in total, to open in December 2007), and in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the joint venture will offer the H10 Ocean Blue and H10 Ocean Sand (708 rooms in total), for a combined total of more than 1,600 rooms. All hotels are beachfront, high-quality properties.

“Having a dynamic presence in the hotel business at our key destinations and teaming up with one of the best hotel companies in the world was among our top priorities,” said Jean-Marc Eustache, one of the founders, and President and Chief Executive Officer, of Transat A.T. Inc. “This joint venture is what we were looking for. It allows us to secure a number of quality hotel rooms and maximize the gains we derive from being vertically integrated.”

About H10 Hotels
H10 Hotels was founded at the beginning of the ’80s in Barcelona, Spain, and operates 40 hotels in 14 destinations, for a total of more than 11,000 rooms, most of which it owns. One of the top 10 hotel companies in Spain, H10 Hotels plans to grow further in the Caribbean and Europe. H10 Hotels' commitment is to offer its clientele exceptional locations, specialized services, a carefully selected cuisine and facilities constantly updated to guarantee the highest quality.

About Transat
Transat A.T. Inc. is an integrated international tour operator with more than 60 destination countries and that distributes products in over 50 countries. A holiday travel specialist, Transat operates mainly in Canada and Europe, as well as in the Caribbean, Mexico and the Mediterranean Basin. Montreal-based Transat is also active in air transportation, destination services and distribution. (TSX: TRZ.B, TRZ.A)

Caution regarding forward-looking statements by Transat
This news release may contain forward-looking statements. Factors that could lead actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements include general economic conditions, competition, extreme weather conditions, disease outbreaks, war, terrorism, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Corporation’s continuous disclosure documents.

These forward-looking statements, by their nature, necessarily involve risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Corporation's control that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements. The Corporation considers the assumptions on which these forward-looking statements are based to be reasonable, but cautions the reader that these assumptions regarding future events, many of which are beyond its control, may ultimately prove to be incorrect since they are subject to risks and uncertainties that may affect the Corporation. For additional information with respect to these and other factors, see the Annual Information Form and Annual Report for the year ended October 31, 2006, filed with Canadian securities commissions. The Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, other than as required by law.

By continuing to use this site, you agree to the cookies used, for example, to improve your browsing experience and to personalize the content of the Website. For more information and/or to change your current cookie settings, please refer to our Cookies Policy.