TORONTO, July 06, 2017 – Today the AIR MILES Reward Program is pleased to announce the expansion of its long-term relationship with Transat Distribution Canada (TDC), which will give Collectors more travel options, more ways to book, and more Miles. Effective August 13, 2017, AIR MILES Packaged Vacation and Cruise (PVC) bookings will now be completed through Transat Distribution’s travel agency network.
Collectors will now have access to greater benefits, including:
- Expanded travel options
- Through Transat Distribution Canada’s travel agency network, Collectors will be able to use their Miles for more travel destinations and at more travel partners than ever before, including, Collette, Encore Cruises TravelBrands, AmaWaterways, Tours Chanteclerc and many more.
- More ways to book travel
- Collectors will now be able to redeem exclusively online for Marlin Travel, Club Voyages, Transat Travel, TripCentral Atlantic Canada and TravelPlus eVouchers (currently available using Cash Miles) and physical Certificates (available August 13 in $100 denominations using Dream Miles). These can be used towards PVC travel bookings with participating preferred partners through any of Transat Distribution’s 286 participating travel agency locations across Canada or through the TDC call centre.
- To make it easier and faster to receive the physical Dream Certificates, AIR MILES will be shipping certificates within 72 business hours from redemption, at no cost to the Collector.
- In 2018, together with Transat Distribution Canada, AIR MILES will be introducing a new PVC website, enabling Collectors to use their Miles immediately for PVC bookings online, 24/7 with participating partners.
- More Miles on PVC travel bookings
- Effective August 13, Collectors will get 1 Mile for every $20 spent (versus 1 Mile for $35) on any PVC booking with a participating Transat Distribution travel agency. This includes any additional Cash portion spent on the PVC booking, beyond the certificate value.
All other travel-related rewards such as standalone flights, car rentals and hotels can continue to be booked online through www.airmiles.ca.
“We are always looking for new opportunities to make the Collector experience better, and we are thrilled to be able to deliver on that promise.” said Sharmane Good, SVP, Member Experience, AIR MILES Reward Program. “This expansion provides Collectors with increased booking options and earning potential, providing a better PVC travel booking experience. We are excited to roll out these features as just a few of the many ways we will continue to augment our rewards offering.”
“After a relationship of nearly 20 years, we are thrilled to be able to take it to the next level,” says Nathalie Boyer, General Manager at Transat Distribution Canada. “This represents a great opportunity for our travel agencies and travel professionals to showcase the quality of Transat Distribution’s customer service by improving the Collector’s overall redemption experience.”
About the AIR MILES Reward Program
The AIR MILES Reward Program is Canada's premier coalition loyalty program with more than 10 million active Collector Accounts, representing approximately two-thirds of all Canadian households. AIR MILES Collectors get Miles at more than 200+ leading brand-name Partners across the country at thousands of retail and service locations and online. It is the only loyalty program of its kind to give Collectors the flexibility and choice to use Miles on aspirational Rewards, such as Merchandise, Travel, Events or Attractions, or instantly, in stores or online, through AIR MILES Cash at participating Partner locations. The AIR MILES Perks feature also gives Collectors the opportunity to get discounts and perks on exciting activities, which include Dining, Shopping, Travel, Entertainment, Leisure, and Sports, just for having an AIR MILES Card.
About Transat Distribution Canada
Transat Distribution Canada (TDC) is a full-service travel agency network with more than 450 locations, comprising brick-and-mortar travel agencies, websites, a call centre, and home-based professional travel agents. The network includes the Transat Travel, Marlin Travel, Club Voyages, TravelPlus and Voyages en Liberté brands, as well as other affiliate members. TDC is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., a leading integrated international tourism company active in air transportation, accommodation, travel packaging and distribution. Transat was awarded Travelife Partner status in 2016 in recognition of its commitment to sustainable development. The vacation travel companion par excellence, Transat celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2017.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under licence by LoyaltyOne, Co.
Rachael Montgomery - North Strategic - 416-803-8302 - email@example.com / Marie-Claude Savard - Transat Distribution Canada - 514-987-1616 - firstname.lastname@example.org