Montreal, September 13, 2017 – Transat is pleased to announce the appointment of Bruno Leclaire as Chief Information and Digital Officer, effective November 1. Mr. Leclaire will succeed Michel Bellefeuille, who served as Vice-President and Chief Information Officer for eight years and will be taking an active retirement as of December 31.
Bruno Leclaire joined Transat in 2015 as Vice-President, e-Commerce, and Chief Digital Officer. In that capacity, he is in charge of Transat’s digital strategy, including B2C online distribution, customer relationship management (CRM), digital marketing, and mobile solutions. He will continue to fulfil those duties and, in combination with his new responsibilities as head of the Company’s Information Systems Division, will oversee the full breadth of Transat’s major technology projects.
After co-founding in 2000, Bruno Leclaire held various senior management positions with such companies as Transcontinental and Quebecor Media, where he developed wide-ranging experience in digital technologies and e-commerce.
He has a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from Université de Sherbrooke.
Transat A.T. Inc. is a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel and active in air transportation, accommodation, travel packaging and distribution. It operates mainly in Canada, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean, with some 25 destination countries, and distributes products in over 50 countries. Based in Montreal, the company has 5,000 employees. Transat is firmly committed to sustainable tourism development, as reflected in its multiple corporate responsibility initiatives over the past 10 years, and was awarded Travelife Partner status in 2016. The vacation travel companion par excellence, Transat celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2017 (TSX: TRZ).
Recent distinctions and awards
- Named world’s second-best leisure airline at the Skytrax World Airline Awards (2013–2017) and best in North America in the same category (2012–2017)
- Placed second among airlines on Forbes magazine’s 2017 ranking of Canada’s Best Employers
- Named one of the Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by the research firm Corporate Knights (2014–2017; 16th in 2017)
- Named the number one carrier in North America for energy efficiency by Atmosfair (2011–2016)
- Ranked among the Top 10 call centres in North America by BenchmarkPortal (2012 and 2015)à
- Voted Best Leisure/Charter Airline (2008–2017) and Best Tour Operator (2014–2017), at the Agent’s Choice Awards presented by Baxter Travel Media
- Voted Best Airline (2013–2015) and Best Tour Operator (2013, 2015 and 2016), at the Trophées Uni-Vers awards organized by the Association des Agents de Voyages du Québec
Christophe Hennebelle , Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Affairs - Christophe.firstname.lastname@example.org - 514-987-1660, 4584