Montreal, November 16, 2017 – This past Tuesday, 21 Air Transat passengers landed in 7th heaven when they won a pair of tickets to fly to any of the carrier’s destinations, following a random draw held that day aboard all 21 Air Transat flights out of Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, as well as several European cities. The surprise draw was an exciting way to mark the anniversary date of Air Transat’s inaugural flight: on November 14, 1987, Transat welcomed its first 360 travellers from Montreal aboard a Lockheed L-1011 bound for Acapulco, Mexico.
As vacationers’ travel companion par excellence for 30 years, Transat knows that the idea of an upcoming holiday sparks an exceptional feeling of happiness and anticipation. It is proud to have been able once again to fulfil its brand promise: brightening travellers’ everyday with the joy of vacations!
A few days ago during a colourful event, Transat unveiled new livery for its fleet in front of 375 tourism and business partners and guests. Throughout 2017, Transat also highlighted how far it has come and celebrated the future by offering a variety of surprises and special activities to vacationers and partners, particularly travel agencies with its Surprise Dates contest and its 5,000 employees in North America and Europe.
Transat A.T. Inc. is a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel and active in air transportation, accommodation, travel packaging and distribution. It operates mainly in Canada, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean, with some 25 destination countries, and distributes products in over 50 countries. Based in Montreal, the company has 5,000 employees. Transat is firmly committed to sustainable tourism development, as reflected in its multiple corporate responsibility initiatives over the past 10 years, and was awarded Travelife Partner status in 2016. The vacation travel companion par excellence, Transat celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2017 (TSX: TRZ).
Recent distinctions and awards
- Air Transat named Best North American Leisure Airline at the Skytrax World Airline Awards (2012–2017)
- Transat named one of the Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by the research firm Corporate Knights (2014–2017)
- Air Transat named the number one carrier in North America for energy efficiency by Atmosfair (2011–2016)
- Transat ranked among the Top 10 call centres in North America by BenchmarkPortal (2012 and 2015)
- Air Transat voted Best Leisure/Charter Airline (2008–2017) and Transat Best Tour Operator (2014–2017), at the Agent’s Choice Awards presented by Baxter Travel Media
- Air Transat voted Best Airline (2013–2015 and 2017) and Transat Best Tour Operator (2013, 2015–2017), at the Trophées Uni-Vers awards organized by the Association des Agents de Voyages du Québec
Information: Odette Trottier, Director, Communications and Corporate Affairs - 514 908-8891 - Odette.firstname.lastname@example.org