Transat also picks up two Reader's Choice Awards
MONTREAL, May 18, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Transat A.T. Inc. is pleased to acknowledge the induction of its President and Chief Executive Officer, Jean-Marc Eustache, into the Canadian Travel Hall of Fame, as announced at the TravelPulse Canada Reader's Choice Awards ceremony last night in Toronto.
Mr. Eustache was chosen for his outstanding contributions to the development of the Canadian tourism industry. A key architect of Transat's founding in 1987, he oversaw the company's growth into one of the world's leading integrated tourism companies and the Canadian holiday travel leader, with some 5,000 employees.
Mr. Eustache was previously appointed an Officer of the Ordre national du Québec in 2011, inducted into the Canadian Tourism Industry Association's Canadian Tourism Hall of Fame in 2008, and named Ernst & Young's 2005 Entrepreneur of the Year for Quebec.
During the ceremony, Transat also picked up two service-quality awards, for Best Reservations Department and Best Groups Department. The winners are determined based on a survey of TravelPulse Canada readers.
Transat A.T. Inc. is a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel. It offers vacation packages, hotel stays and air travel under the Transat and Air Transat brands to some 60 destinations in 26 countries in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Based in Montreal, the company has 5,000 employees. Transat is firmly committed to sustainable tourism development, as reflected in its multiple corporate responsibility initiatives over the past 10 years, and was awarded Travelife Partner status in 2016 (TSX: TRZ).
Recent distinctions and awards 2017–2018)
- Named world's second-best leisure airline and best in North America at the Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Ranked by Atmosfair among the world's Top 20 airlines for energy efficiency
- Voted Best Leisure/Charter Airline and Best Tour Operator at the Agents' Choice Awards presented by Baxter Travel Media
- Voted Best Airline and Best Tour Operator at the Trophées Uni-Vers awards organized by the Association des Agents de Voyages du Québec
- Rated among Canada's Best Employers and second-best airline on Forbes magazine's 2017 ranking
- Named one of the Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights
SOURCE Transat A.T. Inc.
Media: Transat A.T. Inc.: Odette Trottier, Director, Communications and Corporate Affairs, email@example.com, 514 908-8891