Montreal, February 10, 2020 – Air Transat invites Canadians to discover Jamaica with Nadia, a marketing specialist at Transat. Through videos and social media posts, the vacationer—who has been with the company for 13 years and has visited the Caribbean country annually for the past 10 years—reveals her fab finds and favourite spots at this destination known for its tasty gastronomy, lush nature and welcoming locals. This is the latest instalment in the Vacation Expert series launched in 2017. The series encourages travellers to go off the beaten path by offering tips from an employee with special ties to a destination.
In her videos on Air Transat’s YouTube channel and Facebook page, Nadia reveals some of Jamaica’s best-kept secrets. She takes viewers to the magnificent Treasure Beach, a veritable oasis of serenity on the south coast of the island. Next is a farm-to-table feast at Stush in the Bush, a unique restaurant with breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. Then comes a dancehall lesson on the beach in Montego Bay.
On Instagram, Nadia shares her personal favourites through Stories. She takes part in a Q&A with subscribers, explains what it is about Jamaica she loves so much, talks some more about Treasure Beach and describes a one-day adventure in and around Port Antonio. Her suggestions are all collected in Our Guide for a Perfect Vacation in Jamaica, posted on experiencetransat.com.
Previous videos in the Vacation Expert campaign offer travel tips on Cancun and the Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit region (Mexico); Cartagena (Colombia); Panama; Puerto Plata and Punta Cana (Dominican Republic); Barcelona (Spain); Lisbon (Portugal); and London (United Kingdom). To date, the videos have been viewed nearly 75 million times.
Air Transat flies to Montego Bay from four Canadian cities. During peak time winter season, the airline offers as many as four direct flights a week from Montreal and Toronto, one direct flight from Halifax and one flight from Vancouver via Toronto.
- Clients: Geneviève LeBrun, Guy Bourgeois, Valérie Martin, Mylène Lefebvre
- Agency: Sid Lee
- Editorial Director: Jean-François Légaré
- Content Strategist: Nicolas Naulevade
- Account Executives: Ariane Poitras, Camille Joly
- Production House: Sid Lee Studio – Sarah Longpré
- Director and Director of Photography: Thomas Fortier
- Content Creator and Photographer: Anne Murray-Potvin
- Editor: Benoit Marcoux
- Assistant Editor: Daniel Daigle
- Motion Designer: David Leclerc
- Colourists: Benoit Marcoux, Béatrice Tremblay
- Designers: Sarah-Jeanne Turgeon, Marie-Michele Ayotte
About Air Transat
Air Transat is Canada’s number one leisure airline. It flies to some 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe, offers domestic and connecting flights within Canada, and carries some 5 million passengers every year. Air Transat is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel and offering vacation packages, hotel stays and air travel. Transat was awarded Travelife certification in 2018 in recognition of its commitment to sustainable development. Based in Montreal, it has 5,000 employees.
Recent distinctions and awards
- Named World’s Best Leisure Airline at the Skytrax World Airline Awards
- Voted Best Tour Operator and Favourite Overall Supplier at the Agents’ Choice Awards presented by Baxter Travel Media
- Voted Best Airline and Best Tour Operator at the Trophées Uni-Vers awards organized by the Association des Agents de Voyages du Québec
- Ranked among Canada’s Best Employers and first among airlines on Forbes magazine’s list
Contact: Marie-Christine Pouliot, Public Relations and Marketing Advisor, Transat - firstname.lastname@example.org - 514-987-1616, ext. 4607